DYMO LabelWriter printers are the cheapest option. These printers must be connected via a USB cable and only work with Windows 10, Windows 11, and macOS devices.
UCare supports the DYMO LabelWriter 450, 550, and Wireless series label printers. Before using these printers, install version 1.4.3 or later of the DYMO Connect software. The legacy DYMO Label software also works with DYMO LabelWriter 450 or Wireless series printers.
Note: Select the (Old) label options if DYMO Label software is installed. If the DYMO Connect software is installed, then select the (New) labels. The (New) labels will not work with the legacy DYMO Label software.
Note: On macOS, Chrome 100+ and Firefox 100+ contain new security features that block the browser from talking to DYMO printers. DYMO is working on a fix, so you should use Safari in the meantime.
Note: DYMO LabelWriter 550 printers only support authentic DYMO labels with an RFID sticker (i.e. not generic labels).
Note: If the DYMO Label software is installed, then uninstall it before installing the DYMO Connect software.
Note: The DYMO Connect software currently doesn’t support printing emojis and will print a square. DYMO is working on adding support for emojis to the Connect software.
Note: The DYMO software only supports DYMO LabelWriter Wireless printers connected to a Mac or PC via a USB cable. This printer model does not support printing directly from an iOS or Android device. Instead, a Mac or PC can act as a remote print destination for iOS and Android devices.
The default UCare labels are formatted to best fit DYMO’s 99014 and 30256 shipping labels. See Changing check in settings for details on how to customize labels with additional content or change the label size.
- Each month run a cleaning card through each DYMO label printer to keep the printers working optimally. Cleaning should solve issues when dirty, or blank labels print.
- Ensure that labels are loaded correctly and that users are gentle when removing printed labels; otherwise, printers will jam.
- If multiple DYMO label printers are installed, then the disconnected printers must first be uninstalled for printing to work.
Brother Label printers are the next cheapest option. These printers connect to the UCare iOS and Android apps (i.e. phones and tablets) via WiFi and Bluetooth.
The UCare iOS and Android app supports the following Brother label printer: QL-1110NWB, QL-820NWB, and QL-810W. UCare also supports the QL-710W and QL-720NW models though Brother no longer supports these.
Note: Brother Label printers currently don’t support printing emojis and will instead print *, # or @ characters. * is for new people, # is for people with a birthday in the next seven days, and @ is for people who haven’t attended recently.
Note: Brother Label printers only connect to Android and iOS devices via WiFi and Bluetooth. These printers do not support printing from a Mac or PC device. Instead, an Android or iOS device can act as a remote print destination for Mac and PC devices.
Note: At the end of this article, Brother Label template files for a Name Tag and a Receipt can be downloaded.
The default UCare labels are formatted to best fit Brother labels DK-2205 (62 mm Continuous), DK-2251 (62 mm Black/Red Continuous) and DK-1202 (62 mm x 100 mm).
- Before tapping Start in Check-in setup, ensure the loaded labels type (i.e. tape) matches the selected options. Often Brother printers come with Red Black labels.
- On iOS 14+ devices, open the Settings app and scroll down to the UCare app. Ensure the Local Network option is enabled so that the UCare app can connect to Brother printers.
UCare supports Zebra printers for churches requiring the fastest, most reliable printing option. These printers must be connected via a USB cable and only work with Windows 10 and 11 devices.
Please get in touch with support to get a copy of the UCare Zebra Print app.
The UCare Zebra Print app supports Zebra label printers: GK420d, GK420t, GX420d, ZD420, ZD421, ZD620 and ZD621. Before using these printers, install version 5 or later of Zebra’s ZDesigner software.
Note: Zebra printers currently don’t support printing emojis and will instead print *, # or @ characters. * is for new people, # is for people with a birthday in the next seven days, and @ is for people who haven’t attended recently.
Note: The UCare Zebra Print app only supports Zebra printers connected to a Mac or PC via a USB cable. These printers do not support printing directly from a Mac, iOS or Android device. Instead, a PC can act as a remote print destination for Mac, iOS and Android devices.
The default UCare labels are formatted to best fit Zebra 3x2 labels.
- The UCare Zebra Print app is required to print to Zebra label printers, and this is only available for Windows 10 and 11 devices. Please get in touch with support so we can send the installer.
- To use a Zebra printer, first, start the UCare Zebra Print app to create a remote print station. The remote print station can then be selected before tapping Start in Check-in.
Brother Label Template files
Tap on the files below to view and download the Name Tag and Receipt label templates for a Brother printer.